Friday, May 4, 2007

Classmate Comment Post 2

After browsing through some of my classmates' blogs, I came across Kerri Angell's blog post on an article from Slashdot called, "Should Chimps Have Human Rights?". I checked out the article through the link she had in her post and I think its absurd for them to even consider chimpanzees having the same rights as humans and that they could be charged in the court of law. Primatologists think that chimps should be treated like humans because of the many similarities between the two groups. I just thought that this article was really weird and amusing at the same time... and I'm glad that others feel the same way that I do about it.

2 comments:

Kristie Maher's blog said...

Brenna, I agree with you- chimps should definitely not have the same rights as humans and I also find it pretty amusing that we would actually consider such a thing. I think it would be absolutely ridiculous to group a human and chimp in the same category- while chimps are very intelligent animals, giving them the same rights as humans is a step too far.

Brenna Christensen said...

Kristie, I'm glad we're in agreeance. This is absolutely ridiculous.